5 Best Puppy Shampoo 2017 [Buyers Guide]
If you’ve got a puppy in your home, then you’re probably going through the phase right now where you want to make sure that your puppy has the best of the best so that he/she can look and feel as good as possible. With puppy shampoo brands, they’re all different and offer different protections. Today, I'll be reviewing 5 best puppy shampoo you can get in 2017!
Best Puppy Shampoo Features
As stated earlier, different puppy shampoos offer different features for you to consider, let’s talk about some of the best ones that you can look out for:
- Flea Protection - If your puppy has ever suffered from fleas before, or you live in an area where you think fleas are rampant, then you should probably look for a specific type of shampoo that offers flea protection. The best puppy shampoo brands are always the ones that offer this as one of the main benefits because dogs have it worse than us humans when it comes to flea issues.
- Scented Shampoos – The smell of your dog when he/she needs a bath has to be horrible, so one of the best things you should pay attention to is the smell of the shampoo that you’re buying. Usually, the smell begins to fade after a few days, but if you’re able to pick up a shampoo for your puppy that will leave your dog smelling good for a while, then you should do it.
Try your best to stay away from unscented shampoos, unless you like your dog smelling bad.
- Moisturizer – Some shampoos advertise that they can moisturize the skin of your dog. This is a huge benefit because a lot of dogs have issues with having flaky skin which can be annoying to them.
- Plant Cleansing – Some of the best puppy shampoo brands have plant cleansing shampoo that they sell. This usually means that they’re not going to stuff their shampoo full of regular soap and advertise it as dog shampoo, but they pay attention to the best ingredients they can put into their product so that your dog can have a nice bath.
- Tearless Ingredients – One of the worst things for a dog is getting shampoo in their eyes. That can be a painful, scary experience for them because a lot of the time they don’t even understand what’s going on when they’re forced to get a bath. With tearless ingredients put into the shampoo, you don’t have to worry as much about it getting in their eyes because it shouldn’t hurt them as much and will stop tears from forming to get rid of the shampoo.
5 Best Puppy Shampoo Products
Now for the bread and butter of the article. Lets talk about the best puppy shampoo products for you to choose from! Here are some of the ones you should pay attention to next time you’re ready to buy some of the best shampoo for your dog:
One of the best items on our list is this puppy shampoo because of the well-known brand name it has attached to it. Particular Paws has been able to add a product that is able to do the following for your dog:
- It’s able to moisturize your dog’s skin so that they don’t have to suffer with dry, flaky skin anymore. The dandruff can disappear for a while after applying this to your dog, which is one of the main reasons you should use this product!
- The puppy shampoo has nothing but natural ingredients, so you don’t have to worry about putting weird chemicals in your puppy’s coat if you’re someone who’s scared about that issue.
- This puppy shampoo is also good to use for dogs who suffer from skin issues. The fact that this is an all-natural oatmeal shampoo is one of the best things about it, which can help out a ton if your dog needs to find a fix for their skin disease.
- The smell of the shampoo is commonly regarded as one of the best puppy shampoo smells. If you need a shampoo that’s going to make your dog smell like a new dog, then this is one of the ones you should seriously consider.
This puppy shampoo product is an all-natural, soap free product which is great at making your dog smell good after use. It doesn’t matter how dirty your dog is, this shampoo can take care of it. It’s also a fairly cheap shampoo for your dog, coming in at around $10, which just about anyone can afford.
Here are some other things you can expect if you plan on purchasing this pet shampoo:
- This shampoo isn’t just for dogs, you can use it on any pet you have, hence the name of the product! People have had a lot of success with using this product on their cats as well! So if you have a puppy and need some more shampoo, then you can use this on both your puppy and your cat, as a perfect dual animal shampoo product!
- This shampoo is one of the best puppy shampoo products for dogs with skin allergies as well. A lot of dogs have itchy skin constantly and need to figure out a way to get rid of that symptom. With this in mind, you should buy a product like this which can be perfect for your dog.
- Once again, with this product you can expect every ingredient to be natural, so your puppy won’t have to deal with unnatural chemicals.
- This is yet another great dog shampoo which is going to smell good on your dog. Most of the reviews on this product boast about the wonderful smell that comes with this shampoo. It can last for weeks, so don’t worry about how good it smells, worry more about how long it lasts!
Isle of Dogs has been able to create one of the best tearless dog shampoos for your pups. One of the best parts about this specific shampoo is the fact that it’s one of the cheapest kinds of shampoo you can get. If you have a large dog, you can even buy the gallon version so that you won’t run out quick!
Here are some other features for you to think about!
- The product is sulfate and paraben free, which is something for you to consider if your dog has issues with those two compounds.
- It’s another good-smelling product that you can put on your dog. Although it’s not the best, you can certainly justify for this product based on the price point that it’s being offered at!
- You can pair this up with some dog conditioner, which might help out with the overall feeling of the fur after the bath. This shampoo isn’t a conditioner, but it does make it smell good and feel a little bitter. However you can always find a little bit extra with a conditioner added into the mix.
- This is one of those products that won’t jumble up your dog’s fur. A lot of people have the issue of giving their dog a bath, only to find that they need to brush their dog for an hour to get all of the matting out of their fur. The reason for that depends on the water and shampoo that was used, paired with the fur of the dog, but you can bet that this specific shampoo does a great job of stopping that issue from occurring
Overall, this is the best puppy shampoo on a budget. If you don’t want to spend a lot of money, then this is the shampoo for you to use.
Wahl is a great company for you to buy from when you’re looking for the best puppy shampoo products. Every product they make for your dog is going to be of the highest quality and is going to be made from natural ingredients. One of the best things about this product is that they have so many options! You can choose shampoos meant for dogs, and you can choose shampoos made specifically for a young puppy. It’s up to you to choose what you want!
Since everything is completely natural, you can also expect it to be tear free, which means that your dog won’t be crying from the pain caused by shampoo getting in his/her eye.
Here are some other things for you to consider with this product:
- They make a specific product for fleas and ticks, which means that you can help your dog out with some perfect medicated shampoo if he/she suffers from some fleas or ticks.
- The company makes a very specific shampoo for dogs with odor issues. A lot of dogs have odor issues, and they make a shampoo that you can choose from which will allow you to get bad smells out of their hair/fur.
- This product is as near 5 stars as it can be for a product that’s been sold to as many people as this has. This is the most trusted puppy shampoo on our guide. Itchiness, skin issues, and more will go away upon some thorough usage of this product.
Overall, you can trust this product. It’s made from a great company who knows what they’re doing, and you can be sure to get some of the best quality for your puppy out of this shampoo.
Although the title of this shampoo talks about how it’s made for "dogs," you can believe that a young puppy will also be able to benefit greatly from this product. It’s a very cheap product, with $10 being its original price! The condensed scent inside of this bottle is unbelievable, and is the best smelling puppy shampoo on our list!
Here are some other things for you to consider:
- The main smell that they sell is baby formula smell, which could be pretty entertaining for some of you. You might think that this was a weird choice for the creators of the shampoo, but it’s proven to be quite the success in the world of doggy shampoo.
- The hair/fur of your dog will stay tangle free after using this. Like stated earlier, a lot of these shampoos will mess up your dog’s hair, but not with this product!
All in all, you can’t go wrong with this shampoo for your dog, if you’re unsure about which one you want to buy, just make a decision and stick with it with this exact product. You won’t be upset about choosing this one.
How To Keep Your Dog Clean
One way to avoid spending a lot of money on your dog is to find a way to keep your dog clean. This can be easier said than done, but if you can figure out the best way to keep your dog clean, then you can ultimately end up eliminating the need to wash your dog clean as much as you normally do.
Here are some ways you can keep your dog clean for a long time without needing to apply shampoo on him/her:
- Keep your dog inside! I know this is hard to do, especially with a large dog. But the more you can manage to keep your dog inside, the more you can keep your dog out of the bath tub. What makes your dog the dirtiest is the mud and grass outside, along with the sweat he/she develops in the heat outside.
The only time you should take your dog outside is when you take you take him/her on a walk, and in those scenarios, you should try your best to avoid wet areas, and try your best to only stay outside for a limited amount of time. Using all of this advice, you can drastically alter the dirtiness of your dog after a period of time.
- Keep your inside clean. If the inside of your house is always trashed with food everywhere, then your dog is going to be more and more apt to get into everything and get dirty. The cleaner your home is, the cleaner your dog will manage to stay. Food is one of the main enemies you can face when you’re trying to keep your dog clean because the food is going to get into your dog’s fur and cause a lot of issues down the road.
- Brushing your dog. Believe it or not, brushing your dog to avoid matting is going to be one the best things you can do to clean up your dog without having to put him/her in the bathtub. Also, when you’re brushing, you’re going to be able to remove a lot of dirt hiding in the fur of your dog. Down the road, you can postpone your dog’s next bath by weeks if you can manage to brush your dog just a little bit every few days!
- Cleaning your dog’s bed! Your dog might be dirty one day, sleep in his/her bed, then get washed. One of the biggest mistakes people make is to not wash the bed of the dog! The bed is going to have the smell of the dirty dog trapped inside of the cushioning, and when you wash your dog you should wash your dog’s bed so that the smell will stay away! This is a huge deal, and you should really remember this
Aside from your dog’s bed, you should clean anything that your dog uses on a day to day basis, such as a disgusting toy that he/she cuddles with to the rug that your dog lays on every day when you’re outside. The point of this is to ensure that your dog won’t go right back to being smelly because that’s probably one of the biggest reasons you gave your dog a bath in the first place.
- Wipe your dog down. You can use dog wipes to temporarily clean up your dog. This will allow you to be able to clean your dog without having to waste your puppy shampoo. The best thing about this is that you can do it in just about 30 seconds and freshen your dog up quite a bit.
If you’re able to use all of these methods, then you can really postpone the amount of time it’s going to take for you to have to wash your dog again. Just using a few of these ideas can save you a lot of money on puppy shampoo over the years.
Choosing a Shampoo Based on Your Dog’s Needs
To finish off this guide, we’re going to talk about one of the most important things for you to even think about. Your dog’s needs are going to be different from another person’s dog, and you should buy the best puppy shampoo for your dog! This is very important for you to consider, because why would you want to buy a dog shampoo that’s meant for fleas and ticks when your dog doesn’t even suffer from that?
Remember that when you’re choosing a dog shampoo that you should buy something that’s going to:
- Smell as good as possible. This is a huge deal. Nothing is more satisfying then washing your dog and then being able to smell your dog’s new smell.
- Buy a dog shampoo that will be good for your dog’s skin. Some of the best products for washing your dog’s fur are going to be able to moisturize your dog’s skin, making them healthier. If you’re unable to find a shampoo that’s good for moisturizing, then go straight for a product which is made from natural ingredients!
- Strike a good deal. Most puppy shampoos are pretty cheap to buy, but some are cheaper than others, and you can save a lot of money down the line if you buy one that won’t put a dent in your wallet. Don’t assume that the best dog shampoos are the ones that are worth the most money because some of the best ones on our list are cheapest ones we threw into the guide!
Overall, I hope that the guide was able to help you in making the right purchase decision for your puppy's bath time!